How Do Lead Crystal Batteries Measure Up?
Compared to mainstream rechargeable industrial batteries, Lead Crystal® Batteries always perform better due to their unique characteristics.
Lead Crystal® batteries can be charged faster, charged below 0 degrees Celsius, discharged deeper (to 0 volt), discharged more often, used in a wider temperature range (-40 to +65) and be stored for 2 years without special handling. They require no special ventilation and cooling and offer the best value for money.
Betta Batteries are the only manufacturer of Lead Crystal Batteries worldwide, Employs around 750 people and have offices in Asia, Africa, Australia and Europe.
The patented Lead Crystal technology uses a specially advanced formula, a new type of composite SiO2 electrolyte developed to completely replace traditional sulphuric acid solution. When charged/discharged the liquid electrolyte transforms into a crystallised state leaving hardly any free liquid electrolyte in the battery, effectively resulting in a dry cell.
- Up to 99% Recyclable and increased sustainability
- Cleaner – Less acid, no cadmium or antimony. Complies with strict international standards on protection of the environment
- Safer – No risk of leakage, less harmful chemicals, fewer fluids because of crystallization
- Easy transportation – Classified as non-hazardous for transport. The only battery allowed as normal goods air-freight
- Guaranteed quality – Each battery comes with a standard 3-year factory warranty
- Better usage performance – Charges up to two times faster than conventional alternatives. Excellent high-current discharge
- Full recovery – Can be 100% discharged and then restored to full rated capacity daily
- Long battery life – Float service life up to 18 years. Up to 6000 charge/discharge cycles (20% DOD)
- Long shelf life – Can be stored 2 years with no refresh charging required. Simplifies logistics
- Extreme temperature resistance – Operates at temperatures from -40°C to +65°C
Compared to mainstream rechargeable industrial batteries like lead acid, lead gel and AGM batteries, Lead Crystal® batteries perform as follows:
- DO NOT SULPHATE
- can be charged faster (Very low internal resistance)
- can be discharged deeper (even to 0 Volt!)
- have an operating temperature from -40 to +65 Celsius
- can be charged below 0 degrees Celsius
- can be cycled more often (1500 @ 80% DOD, 3800 @ 50%, 6000 @ 20%)
- have very low gassing (IEC 60896-21/11 – less than 5% of normal AGM)
- can be used in a partial state of charge
- can be stored for 2 years without top-up charging
- hold no cadmium, no antimony and < 5% sulphuric acid (Amazing Environmental Credentials)
- require no special ventilation or cooling
- come with a Standard 3 Year warranty across the range
Lead Crystal® batteries are incredibly robust which means they can be used in a wide range of applications where lead acid, Lead Gel batteries or AGM Batteries are used today, including, but not limited to:
- Telecommunications, Communications Exchange And Transmission Systems
- UPS Uninterruptible Power Supply, PABX And Microwave Relay Station
- Radio And Broadcasting Stations
- Power Plants And Transmission Systems
- Motive power: golf carts, electric scooters & wheelchairs, cleaning machines, E-bikes
- Emergency Lighting Systems
- Railway Signal, Beacon Signalling System
- Solar Energy, Wind Energy Storage Systems
- Hotels, Auditoriums and other Applications
- Marine, 4WD, Caravan, Camper & RV and Recreational
Take a look at our range of Lead Crystal Batteries